Since 1980 teaching at Technical University Dresden, Kuwait University, Rostock University,
Brandenburg Technical University, Lomonosov University Moscov, and Christian-Albrechts-University Kiel.
The collection of talks I have been giving recently can be accessed at the
web page .
- List of course given at least 3 times:
- Database technology, theory and practice: Introduction to database technology, Database engineering, Database programming, Database modelling, Information systems, Database theory, Advanced database technology, Database administration, Information services, Data mining and knowledge discovery, Data analysis, Business informatics, Information systems modelling, Content management, Database tuning and performance management;
- Computer science and engineering: Software engineering, Data structures and algorithms, Introduction to computer engineering, Artificial intelligence, Website development, Script languages, Programming (Java, C++, Modula, Oberon, Fortran, COBOL, Pascal, Prolog), Natural language processing, Interface systems, Complexity theory, Middleware and distributed systems, CASE tools, Expert systems, Theoretical computer science, Theory of programming languages, Knowledge bases;
- Models and modelling: Science, art, and culture of modelling in scientific disciplines;
- Mathematics: Discrete mathematics, Mathematical logics, Mathematics I, Mathematics II, Mathematics III, Mathematics for engineers, Combinatorics, Mathematical modelling, Cybernetics.
- Guest professor at Grenoble University and Grand Ecole Grenoble (1995, 1997) [France],
Klagenfurt University (2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2011) [Austria],
at Massey University, Palmerston North (2004, 2006) [New Zealand],
at Tampere University at Pori (2001, 2003, 2004) [Finland], at Santiago (1997, 1998) [Chile], at Kuwait (1995, 2004, 2014) [Kuwait], Linz University (2014) [Austria], and other universities.
and further at Tampere and other universities in Europe and America:
Systematic development of web sites, Web site programming, Scripting languages,
Middleware technology, Web databases, Interactive information systems, database performance improvement;
- Development of study programs at Dresden University of Technology (Foundations of Computer Science), Brandenburg University of Technology at Cottbus (Information and Media Technology), and Christian-Albrechts-University Kiel (Business informatics)
- A humorous last term lecture has been given for university auditory at each term since 1990
Return to the home page of B. Thalheim,
to the research page,
to the pages on